This factsheet is about four proposals with the aim of promoting healthy brain circulation in EURECA-PRO. They range from the most generic ones, which are knowledge flow and management, to the most research-orientated ones, which are research career and human capital flow.
A healthy brain circulation could be attained in EURECA-PRO if each institution of the alliance commit themselve to collaborate with the other partners to accomplish the pillars described.
A correct flow of knowledge on the alliance should be ensured by:
- Knowledge transfer
- Solid networks within and outside the alliance
- Integration of diaspora communities
- Intensification of industry-university collaboration
Institutions’ management should adjust their:
- Social dimension, with inclusive and fair human resources policies
- Political dimension, with commitment with local institutions, bottom-up approach, and image improvement
- Economical dimension, oriented towards a knowledge-based economy
Excellence and stability in research career should be provided by:
- Stabilization of the research career with actions such as embracing diverse CV profiles.
- Training researchers to avoid skills gap among researchers and ensure their access to international opportunities.
Human capital flow
Researchers’ flow should be guaranteed by:
- Internationalization of research by fostering mobilities, language standardization, and open-minded and respectful culture.
- Filling the gaps in local research infrastructures by joint research and share of infrastructure.