The EURECA-PRO (European University on Responsible Consumption and Production) is offering a three week ‘PhD Journey’ with one-week physical mobility for doctoral students at EURECA-PRO partner universities this autumn.
The best applicants will get an opportunity to develop their research network with researchers from across the alliance.
The programme will be run concurrently at our partner universities, each of hosting students from other partners, for a diverse and research focused week of activities.
- Wider understanding of Responsible Consumption and Production and European cultural studies
- Skills and experience in presenting in an academic setting.
- Subject (topic) specific research skills and experience, networking opportunities and access to labs/data/software/samples etc.
- Enhanced intercultural communication skills and networking opportunities.
- Admissions are now open and will run until 13th of October;
- Successful applicants will be informed by 21st of October;
- Virtual component will start on 7th of November;
- The physical component will run from 21st until the 26th of November.
Explore the different themes below:
UNIVERSITY OF PETROSANI
Sustainable exploitation, use and reuse of mineral resources
- the role of mineral resources in the contemporary economy
- environmentally friendly methods and techniques for the exploitation of mineral resources
- responsible use of mineral resources
- recovery and reuse of useful mineral substances from sterile dumps and tailings ponds
- ecological reclamation of lands affected by mining.
SILESIAN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Process automation and Industry 4.0
- industrial automation and process optimization
- Robotization of production
- Digitization and applications of information technologies
- Simulation and modelling of processes
- Vertical networking and horizontal integration in management systems
- Predictive maintenance and condition monitoring
- Applications of virtual and augmented reality
- Reverse engineering and additive technologies
- Socio-cultural and methodological challenges of Industry 4.0
- Industrial design and machines construction
- Digital transformation and models of technological maturity
- Rapid prototyping of control systems
- Photovoltaics (PV)
- Research in Materials, Catalytic Materials
- Energy Conversion and Storage
- Power Engineering Machines
- Carbon Capture and Utilisation (CCU) and Power to X
- Energy Systems, Energy System Modelling
- Energy Security, Energy Poverty and Energy Resilience
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CRETE
Sustainable Materials and Products
- Sustainability Engineering and Circular Economy
- Water resources and climate change
- Biodiversity and natural hazards
- Green and Blue economy
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Raw materials supply chains
- Social License to Operate
- Beneficiation techniques for Raw and Secondary Materials
- Metals/Critical Elements for Green Technologies
- Green multifunctional materials for the protection of architectural surfaces
TU BERGAKADEMIE FREIBERG/MITTWEIDA UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
Raw materials supply chains; technical and sustainability aspects
- Producer and consumer of mineral resources
- Secondary mining
- Mine closure and post mining and metallurgical landscapes, world heritage
- Life circle assessment,
- Environmental evaluation models,
- Economic evaluation
- Social responsibility, evaluation of acceptance of the project
UNIVERSITY OF LEÓN
Communication and Leadership
Timeline and programme
Virtual component: 7th to 18th November
- introductory seminars to the PhD journey,
- an online European language course provided by your host university,
- an online course in scientific communication and
- an online poster creation and presenting course
Physical component: 21st to 26th November
- Hybrid lectures on responsible consumption and production and European cultural studies
- Local workshop linked to lectures
- Subject-specific Research interaction organised by each host university including:
- Laboratory visits
- Field trips
- Meetings with potential, external supervisors
- Research group meetings
- Accessing local research resources
- Research skills training
Onsite, in-person programme overview:
- Personal information (name, contact details etc.)
- PhD studies details (title of PhD, summary of PhD, supervisors etc)
- Details of Research related activities completed during PhD studies (conferences, papers, courses, funding awarded etc.)
- Motivation for PhD Journey at EURECA-PRO (which PhD journey and why, link between theme and PhD topic etc.)
Funding for the PhD journey will be provided through the ERASMUS+ programme.
We look forward to welcoming you to our partner universities and EURECA-PRO soon!
For further information please contact your TU BAF EURECA-PRO team: firstname.lastname@example.org
An informational Q&A session on the PhD Journey will be provided at the beginning of October. More information on this Q&A session will be provided closer to the time.