17th Freiberg Colloquium of Young Researchers
Responsible Consumption and Production in the Use of the Earth's Resources
5th to the 9th of June, 2023
TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
The colloquium is organised by the European University on Responsible Consumption and Production EURECA-PRO. It is focused on current social, environmental, economic and engineering sciences along the raw material value chain – and cycle. The colloquium offers PhD students an opportunity to present and discuss their own research work and to obtain ideas for further research.
All presentations should reflect on the aspect of responsible consumption and production in the sense of Sustainable Development Goal 12.
Thematic priorities include:
- Environmental Surroundings – Responsible management of our resources water and air
- Engineering – Sustainable Processing of Raw Materials, from Mining into Circular Economy
- Sustainable Materials and Products
- Economic costs and benefits of sustainable production and consumption
- Management tools for sustainable production and consumption
- Legal framework for responsible consumption and production
- Social Sciences – Consumption and its key role as one game changer
Why is attending the colloquium interesting for young scientists?
Participants are invited to take part in a comprehensive programme with a training course on excellence research for Sustainability and excursions to institutions and companies in a region, which is not only historically known for its mining, but also for its high-levelled innovative strength. Networks emerge not only through academic discourse, but also through shared impressions, so social events round off the picture. To be better prepared, we offer non-native speakers a German crash course. However, the main language is English.
The Young Researchers Colloquium is embedded in the “Berg- und Hüttenmännische Tage” (BHT 2023) at TU Bergakademie Freiberg. In case of interest, there will be the opportunity to attend further presentations. Central topics of the BHT will be published in advance.
Participation in the colloquium is free of charge for all participants, financial support can be obtained for travel and accommodation. Necessary information for funding will be send after confirmation.
We look forward to meet you at the Young Researchers Colloquium at TU Bergakademie Freiberg!
Contact person: Kirstin Kleeberg (email@example.com)
- motivation letter (200-300 words)
- short C.V.
- extended abstract of your presentation (250-300 words)
Please upload these documents together with your registration form until the 7th of April, 2023.
The number of participants is limited.